Nature is the most precious resource we have. CASH is dedicated to keeping the environmental impact of our operations to a minimum, balancing business needs with conservation. As a total caring organisation, we are pro-actively committed to sustaining the natural world.
- CASH Group participated in "Earth Hour".
- We visited the landfill, enabling employees to further understand the waste disposal process.
- We signed the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce's Clean Air Charter to reduce emissions and create cleaner air. We acted on the Chamber's 7-7-7 Care-for-Air Guidelines for the public and called on our staff to take practical steps to contribute to improving air quality at home, at work, and while travelling.
- We have engaged in many different governmental environmental protection campaigns, including Green Office Education, Smoke-free Office Campaign, Green Day and Action Blue Sky.
- We signed WWF’s pledge of “Knock Plastic out of the Ocean” to promise to reduce our use of single-use plastic items such as plastic cutlery and plastic bags. We also promoted the pledge to our staff members for their active participation.
- CFSG joined Friends of the Earth's Green Christmas Campaign to promote the use of e-cards when sending greetings to business partners and customers to save paper.
- We encourage reduced paper consumption by offering shareholders choices to consent to receiving corporate communications materials by electronic means.
- CFSG is also encouraging customers to use e-statements on our online portal in order to save paper.
- We use energy-saving light bulbs and electric appliances whenever possible to save power.
- We present employees with eco-friendly cutlery set, encouraging them to prepare for their own reusable cutlery.
- CASH has set up waste separation facilities in our offices.
- The company is pro-actively committed to sustaining the natural world through our Green ICT Platform. This includes systems such as E-workflow and CASHARE (intranet) to build a highly efficient "paperless, IT-driven and systematic" working environment.
- Video-conferencing systems have been installed in offices to reduce travel and as a result cause less pollution.
- CASH use environmentally friendly packaging for mooncakes. This promotes simple packaging to reduce waste and use of non-degradable cutlery.
- We collect recyclable toner cartridges, ink-jet bottles and paper. These materials are then sent to recycling agents for further processing.
- We use paper made from PEFC Certified and FSC (C013067)certified plantations to help minimise chopping of natural forests.
- Air-conditioners are set to a comfortable temperature to save energy consumption and alleviate the greenhouse effect.
- We are implementing a lighting and energy conservation programme in our Services Centres and retail shops. For example, we follow strict, in-house guidelines for switching off all power after close of business or operating hours.